My First Mix
I've dreamed about doing a mix for a long time and here it is! Be kind, it's
my first :). It's probably not quite Global Underground quality but I'm pleased with it.
The style is mostly progressive house, although the last song is probably a departure from that.
For the Love (of Dance) (Right-click and Save As) 59:00 81 MB 192kbps
2 minute thumbnail 914 KB
Comment on my blog
- Van Bellen & Greed - City Lights
- JF Sebastian ft Kaz - Heaven is Here
- Yellow Blackboard - Superfly (Andy Moor Mix)
- Yellow Blackboard - Superfly (Original Mix)
- Ridgewalkers feat. El - Find (Markus Schulz Intro Edit)
- Starkid - Crayons (Leama & Moor's in Loving Memory of Starkid Mix)
- Markus Schulz pres. Elevation - Somewhere (Clear Blue)
- Michael Burns Presents Blue Haze - Into Nothing (Bill Hamel's Last Time in 9 Instrumental)
- DJ Fox Presents Tribal from Lisbon - I Believe (Mastik Soul Remix)
- Shiny Grey - Why (Bob's Le Dream Mix)
These are some of my early attempts at altering music. Some of my attempts are
pretty simple and some involved a few days work as I was learning the effects
and nuances of various audio effects. I made most of these around the year
2000, or even earlier, so my tool set was even more limited than it is now.
Pachelbel, Johann -
Canon (Humpty Edit)
This is, I have to say, my best creation I've done. It's a retake on
Pachelbel's Canon in D. Technically it was fairly simple to make as I used midi
tools to change the instruments used and this change constitutes the majority
of the work involved. I did change some of the notes around in the actual midi
file which kind of adds my own little touch to it.
There's a nice dreaminess to it that I really love. I did this around 1999 or
2000 and even now I still love listening to it. Not every remix effort has to
involve gargantuan changes to the original source song I've learned. Sometimes
taking a simple idea and incorporating it throughout the song can produce nice
These are 2 minute samples of compilation CDs I've, somewhat, recently made.
They reflect the current type of music I'm into: progressive house, progressive
trance. I stopped making compilation CDs because I'm really eyeing making my
own DJ mix set; I want to put all the individual songs together and make
something new out of it.
Proggy - My first attempt
Proggy 2 - Gettin' better
Proggy 3 - My last and latest attempt, I
experimented with crossfading with this one